Sunday, September 8, 2013

A little bit of Los Angles. Or a lot, whichever.

Santa Monica just off of Ocean Avenue (And there is Travis!)

Today marks one month since I moved to Los Angeles. It's been an exciting adventure with ups and downs, but certainly more ups! I'd love to share some of my adventures.

This is a straight walk down from the ASU office in Santa Monica. 7 blocks, across the PCH, down a couple hundred steps, and across a quarter mile walk of sand you get the Pacific Ocean! 

Since I've been here I went to a Dodgers game (another is coming up this week against the DBacks, I'll be there in my red in the sea of Dodgers blue), the beach, Hollywood, Downtown, all over! But this week has been nothing short of fabulous!

Thursday nights Santa Monica pier has had a summer twilight concert series. My friend and I decided to check it out and it was a gorgeous night with a beautiful sunset off the coast.




Friday night a friend took me downtown to experience some of the absolute best gems of Los Angeles. Dinner at the Water Grill, exploring the Biltmore Hotel (where they were filming, because apparently they are always filming some movie at the Biltmore, of course), and sitting and taking in the most amazing lakes and fountains in the middle of the mountains of skyscrapers. Growing up on the edge of town in Mesa, AZ it has definitely been a little strange to look up and not see the stars. But in the heart of Los Angeles, in the midst of all of these amazing towering buidlings, you could look up and see a few sparkles. (Just a few, not nearly as many as I would like, but I'm a realist too.)

Now Saturday was spent in true Los Angeles fashion. I relaxed until 11 when my best friend and I took  my dog to Griffith Park for a hike (in a heat warning, 94 degrees, oh my!).

Followed by the USC tailgate.


Even at USC I still represent ASU! 

I'm excited for all of the upcoming opportunities that this is going to undeniably bring for my future career and all of the memories I will get to make along the way! 

3 comments:

  1. Your first month in LA looks like a blast! As a previous Alliance intern, I am very jealous of your and Travis' short 7 block walk to the ocean... Great pics too! -Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to think, you were the sober girl on the horse. I am pretty sure that guy in the green shirt is ruining your picture, you should definitely crop him out of it. One of these days I will actually go to the beach, and not just look at it from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures! You are making me miss California, but I'm glad you are having such a great time!

    ReplyDelete