Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Just another day in the office?

In my experience with Casa Grande, I didn't really have a typical day and I loved it. Each day brought something different. Most days included research in some form on varying topics depending on what the City Managers office was working on. Emails are a constant (but isn't that true in every aspect of life today). Daily meetings with different departments, either as an observer or a participant certainly weren't everyday but they were quite frequent.

One of the reasons I am drawn towards City Management is the vast amount of variety that comes in the field. It not only offers the tasks with the various departments, but it demands understanding and working knowledge of them as well.

 I've had the positions that tend to be the same, day after day and I realized I wasn't cut out for the kind of work. Having everyday be a new adventure with different needs and challenges is exciting and rewarding and offers the most room for continuous growth and development.

No comments:

Post a Comment