Sunday, October 20, 2013

Airports and the early morning

Rise and shine beauties, it's a gorgeous Sunday morning! I've already been up for a few hours so I could catch a flight back to Los Angeles after a few days in Phoenix. My trip was a full two days with school, work, friends and family.

Now that I am sitting at Terminal 4 at the Cartel Coffee Bar, I'm enjoying the people watching and the experience of sipping my dirty chai as the sun comes up higher in the sky. I love people watching in general, I mean, psych undergrad, hello. While I was waiting the other day for my friend to pick me up there was a slew of interested homecomings to witness. But first thing on a weekend morning is a completely different experience.

I was getting dropped off at the curb a little bit after 6 this morning to check my bags and I was lucky enough to get stuck behind a long line of musicians piling out of one of many escalades and tahoes. I'm not sure if it's from the State Fair or what other event was taking place, but there were instrument cases EVERYWHERE. I was able to jump ahead of them, seeing as I only had two bags. As I made my way to security I was stopped for the hand residue testing, told to go into the business line, and made my way to the C gates.

As you (may, should, probably) know, ASU kicked some serious butt last night in the homecoming game against Washington. So imagine my delight as I walked up to my gate, directly next to Cartel, and I pass a whole flight full of sad looking Washington fans! I was going to just sit and work on homework and revel in the win in silence, but it was just way too easy when a couple fans came up and started a conversation. They had to catch their flight but it was a little fun to discuss the loss and the fantastic win of the Sun Devils homecoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment