Saturday, October 26, 2013

Public servitude & the world of urban governance

Seeing as how my internship was with the City Manager's office, everything that we did was done as public service in the form of urban governance. All of the various city departments, together, worked to give the citizens of Casa Grande what they needed from their government. I worked on projects that involved surface streets and funding, interstate exits, economic development, public safety, the legalities surrounding the airport and its tenants...the list goes on and on. 

Everything that I found myself working around was done for the public. And it made me incredibly happy, every day. Some people grow up wanting to be business professionals, or athletes, astronauts, or writers. I have always wanted to work for the public good. One could say my public service motivation ranks fairly high. 


1 comment:

  1. I think that's great that you take such pride in serving the public. It's an extremely important role to play, and when you get satisfaction out of it that makes it so much better. Public service is definitely an honorable path that doesn't get as much credit as it should!

    ReplyDelete