Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thank you, Casa Grande!


I had so many influential people that I was able to work under during my time with Casa Grande. Ben Bitter, Richard Wilkie, Jim Thompson, and Larry Rains were the four most frequent mentors I had while there and they each made different impacts on my future career. Instead of writing individual letters, I feel like an organizational letter would better suffice.

To the City of Casa Grande City Manager's Office: 

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to grow and learn in the field of city management. Municipal governments serve a great purpose in the community and the Casa Grande City Manager's office is unparalleled in their level of service. I was able to observe an agency full of people passionate about what they do and the work they believe in, as well as a community they are proud to be a part of. I learned the value of a strong City Manager and Deputy City Manager and the benefits of having a positive relationship with the City Council. The staff is equally as important as the management and the drive and persistence the management city staff had was refreshing! I appreciated the assignments that I was given and I learned so many skills that I will be able to take forward in me career and expand on.

Thank you again for this opportunity and giving me the change to grow with your organization. 

Best, 
Cassie Johnson

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cassie, sounds like your internship was a great success. This experience is something you will take with you moving forward and being around fellow passionate people make work a lot of fun. Good luck with your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your experience sounds truly inspiring! I am glad you got the chance to work around so many great people who could fuel your passion for city management!

    ReplyDelete